Our heroine is tickled to have received two blog awards, each from great writers and bloggers. Thank you both for your ongoing support and encouragement. (And I curse WP for losing my draft. Apparently the Universe thinks I can do a better job the second time round. Meh.)
Each award requires tagging of other bloggers. If you can’t/don’t want to follow up, no harm no foul. Just please know that I appreciate each of you.
The amazing Jamie DeBree, who keeps a daily active blog in addition to writing her novels, not to mention her day job and her nails, is the webmistress of The Variety Pages. She thoughtfully tagged me for The Silver Lining Award. Jamie, at the risk of being cryptic, this couldn’t have come at a better time. I needed the reminder and the boost. Thank you.
And the taggage begins. Five for this one:
- Debra Marrs: Your Write Life
- Selorian: Clifford Fryman
- Beth Morrow: Writer-In-Progress
- The Ink Gypsy: Once Upon a Blog
- Kristen Lamb: Warrior Writer
This next one’s a bit trickier. It’s called Lesa’s Bald Faced Liar “Creative Writer” Blog Award and I was tagged by the lovely and talented Anne Tyler Lord, whose blog is Don’t Fence Me In. Thanks, Anne!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you. (check!)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (check!)
3. Link to the person who nominated you. (check!)
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth. (check!)
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies. (check!)
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate. (check!)
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them. (Notification commencing now!)
On to the … erm… statements:
- I was a pogo stick champion in fourth grade.
- I can juggle three oranges, but chainsaws are out of the question.
- I spent time with an exiled King.
- I loved my vacation in New Zealand and hope to return.
- I paint landscapes with watercolors.
- I have been married twice.
- I’ve been a coffee fiend since my teens.
As far as I can tell, there’s no rule about revealing which statement(s) are true! Maybe I will… maybe I won’t. Flattery and tiramisu will get you everywhere. Especially the tiramisu.
And now the taggage!
- Johanna Harness: Johanna Harness’s Blog
- Eisley Jacobs: Eisley’s Elipses…
- Branli Caidryn: Chaos Grand & Absolute
- DonP: Warm Fuzzy Freudian Slippers
- Regan Leigh: Regan Leigh’s Blog
- Erica: laugh. write. play.
- Jamie DeBree: The Variety Pages
- Annarkie: Supernatural Smut
(Yes, I know that’s eight. I’m an overachiever, so sue me.)
Thanks so much to all of you! You make my life and my writing better by being part of it.
Next step: Updating the blogroll to not only include all these great blogs, but to sort them into something resembling organization.